Don’t get me wrong: I don’t think that the filth in Music World should be illegal. I don’t think it quite rises to the criminal code standard of hate speech; I don’t think it quite meets the test of incitement to murder. But I wonder if, instead of saying “Kill the Christian”, it said “Kill the Jews” or “Kill the Blacks” or “Kill the gays”. You could imagine Comrade Andreachuk going nuclear. Well, no need to imagine — just look at what she did to Rev. Boissoin for merely preaching peacefully.
(…) I am unaware of a single non-Christian ever being convicted of a hate speech offense — certainly none have been at the federal CHRC. But the HRCs pick on Christians like a bully pulling the wings off of flies, roughing up Toronto’s Fr. Alphonse de Valk; the Christian Heritage Party; Calgary’s Bishop Fred Henry; and, no doubt, a dozen other martyrs who quietly paid off their tormentors with some sort of plea bargain.
But this case, Johnson vs. Music World, is different even than the HRCs’ persecution of Christians. It’s a declaration, in black and white that it is legally impossible for a Christian to be discriminated against. You can chant “Kill the Christian”, and it’s not “hate speech”. If you can say that, you can say anything.
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford tshirts back!
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
NEW from New English Review:
- Gunbattles erupt as Libyan forces try to seize oil tanker from militias
- Woman cut off lover's penis and beat him to death with hammer after he forced her to have sex
- Colorado moves over $14M worth of marijuana in one month to net state $2M in taxes
- Passenger with fake passport was Iranian
- Vandals deface Stockholm schools with swastikas
- Wait ’til my Toronto condo neighbours see the ‘Remington’ box in the recycling…
- Does Jeet Heer think non-whites can’t read, or…?
- Mark Steyn’s new National Review column
- From our bulging ‘Oh, but that’s different!’ file: Whole Foods — America’s Temple of Pseudoscience
- Arguing with a leftist about gun control on Facebook: Illustrated edition
- ‘I mean, I never understood it…’
- Does Dan Hill have a brain tumor now?
- More K-Y for that slippery slope!
- Mark Steyn on Day 2 of the Ezra Levant libel trial
- How silly is Doug Saunders? This silly: