Mass immigration and the accompanying financial crisis have created an inherently volatile situation in the US. Expansion of H-1b and related visas has greatly affected East Asian males in the US–literally cutting off the one major legitimate route to upward mobility many see followed by others they can identify with.
I have known many East Asian co-workers in Silicon Valley. The pressures many of them are under in the US are unbearable. For both their sake and ours the US should be far more selective accepting immigrants, more careful in assuring immigrants legally admitted can expect a decent life and provide greater aid for those who find they really aren’t cut out for life in the US and need to return home. Welcoming someone into a life that drives them to suicide and murder is not doing anyone any favor.
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford tshirts back!
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
NEW from New English Review:
- UK: Assisted suicide could be legal in months as more MPs say they will vote in favour of a law change
- Putin trumps hollow Obama
- UK: Tory welfare minister challenged about the impact of benefits changes on families
- US: Immigrant detainees on hunger strike in Washington state
- Students look to ban Sabra hummus at U. of Ottawa
- Wait ’til my Toronto condo neighbours see the ‘Remington’ box in the recycling…
- Does Jeet Heer think non-whites can’t read, or…?
- Mark Steyn’s new National Review column
- From our bulging ‘Oh, but that’s different!’ file: Whole Foods — America’s Temple of Pseudoscience
- Arguing with a leftist about gun control on Facebook: Illustrated edition
- ‘I mean, I never understood it…’
- Does Dan Hill have a brain tumor now?
- More K-Y for that slippery slope!
- Mark Steyn on Day 2 of the Ezra Levant libel trial
- How silly is Doug Saunders? This silly: