Mass immigration and the accompanying financial crisis have created an inherently volatile situation in the US. Expansion of H-1b and related visas has greatly affected East Asian males in the US–literally cutting off the one major legitimate route to upward mobility many see followed by others they can identify with.
I have known many East Asian co-workers in Silicon Valley. The pressures many of them are under in the US are unbearable. For both their sake and ours the US should be far more selective accepting immigrants, more careful in assuring immigrants legally admitted can expect a decent life and provide greater aid for those who find they really aren’t cut out for life in the US and need to return home. Welcoming someone into a life that drives them to suicide and murder is not doing anyone any favor.
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford t-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
- My NEW book: Confessions of a Failed Slut
- Mark Steyn: National Review and I have come to different and irreconcilable views over Dr Mann’s defamation suit against us
- Mark Steyn: Defaming [and, apparently, journalism...] for Beginners
- ‘Mark Steyn could have not chosen a better lawyer to represent him than (…) Daniel Kornstein.’
- Christopher Hitchens, reconsidered
- NSFW: This is a post about porn that all conservatives should read
- Ed Driscoll: By all means, dump Firefox. But then what?
- Mark Steyn: The tyranny of name recogniton
- OMG! How did I forget to post this until just now?
- ‘The trouble with Judge Combs Greene’s statement is that it’s rubbish’
(Some of) my books: