In the past 60 years, the size of America’s government work force has increased five times faster than the population. Yet the president says it’s still not enough: We have to divert more of our human capital into the government machine. He’s explicitly telling you: If you start a business, invent something, provide a service, you’re a schmuck.
In the America he’s building, you’ll be working 24/7 till you drop dead to fund an ever-swelling bureaucracy. Mr. Obama’s proposals are bold only insofar as few men would offer such a transparent guarantee of disaster: It’s the audacity of hopelessness.
Tune in to Sun News!
Reach thousands of readers:
NEW from New English Review:
- CBC Sunday Morning revisits the Borscht Belt
- BREAKING: Toronto Muslims force rabbi to drop out of hosting Pamela Geller event (video)
- Boston: ‘Am I the only one captivated by the female cop in this iconic image?’
- Producer of ‘Fitna’ film converts to Islam
- I love Mark Shea, but this is crazy talk
- Actually, turning Johnny Storm into a black guy makes sense
- ‘I thought Dissent and Commentary had merged…’
- Another day, another deluded Muslim
- Health and safety: Has ‘the world’ really ‘gone mad’?
- To this day, some people are more put out by Dresden than by Dachau