The movie Inception “works” on many levels, as a philosophical puzzle and as sheer glossy entertainment.
As a rabbi, I couldn’t help thinking of the Kabbalist teaching that while we sleep, our souls leave our bodies and ascend to their heavenly source in order to replenish energy.
The Kabbalistic commentary called The Zohar explains that when we sleep 59 out of 60 parts of our soul have now left the body, leaving only that 1/60 to sustain us physically.
In this disembodied state, the soul encounters visions usually off limits to within our everyday world...
Tune in to Sun News!
Reach thousands of readers:
NEW from New English Review:
- ‘The real-life Rosie the Riveter quit the factory just two weeks after she began…’
- Has my blogger-husband uncovered the ‘Rob Ford crack video’ smoking gun?
- ‘When the Canadian Government Used ‘Gay Detectors’ To Try To Get Rid Of Homosexual Government Employees’ (BUMPED with updates)
- If you don’t want to have sex with your husband, why did you marry him?
- UK Muslims defacing war memorials now
- BUMPED: So some ‘Catholic’ anti-gay marriage activist killed himself in Notre Dame Cathedral
- If you’re so ‘allergic’ to stuff, why aren’t you dead yet?
- Hey, I was at that Nick DiPaolo show…
- Toronto Muslim harrasses woman for wearing short skirt (video): Bonus — What the f*** is up with those Somali broads at my neighborhood clinic?
- Teletubbies redux: Gays demand more gay characters, hosts on BBC kids shows