The movie Inception “works” on many levels, as a philosophical puzzle and as sheer glossy entertainment.
As a rabbi, I couldn’t help thinking of the Kabbalist teaching that while we sleep, our souls leave our bodies and ascend to their heavenly source in order to replenish energy.
The Kabbalistic commentary called The Zohar explains that when we sleep 59 out of 60 parts of our soul have now left the body, leaving only that 1/60 to sustain us physically.
In this disembodied state, the soul encounters visions usually off limits to within our everyday world...
Tune in to Sun News!
Advertise on this blog!
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
Rob Ford tshirts back!
NEW from Lawrence Eubank:
- OMG: This really is a cat, not a mouse -- and his name is perfect
- President of George Brown College wins 'Dumbest Tribute to Nelson Mandela' Award!
- Steve Sailer's chart of PISA scores: breaks down American scores by ethnicity
- This woman is obviously a racist
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower flag in honor of Nelson Mandela
NEW from New English Review:
- Your moral and intellectual superiors! NYT embraces new ‘voodoo’ theory of JFK assassination, with Julie Andrews on the grassy knoll
- ‘[T]he notorious Hearings’ of the House Un-American Activities Committee [were] conducted by Republican Senator Joseph McCarthy…’
- Rob Ford sounds like he’s doing a Hulk Hogan impression because… he’s doing a Hulk Hogan impression
- ‘Booksellers’ row along Queen Street West is now finished’
- Family of Gore Vidal allege he was a pedophile, cite secret file kept by William F. Buckley
- Dear American commenters at HotAir: Bragging about how stupid you are is not attractive
- Steve Sailer on ’12 Years a Slave’ — which sounds like two hours of b.s.
- ‘America’s future will be extremely confusing to journalists’
- Malcolm Gladwell’s ‘theory’ about Northern Ireland proves he’s a total twit
- I only wrote one thing about the Trayvon – Zimmerman case