I can understand why Bernie thinks the way he does. He’s the child of a Holocaust survivor and a squishy lefty, a double whammy that all but ensures he’ll be fore’er on the lookout for resurgent Nazis and want to stifle their words lest they give rise to a Shoah II.
To him and those like him who would ratchet back our freedom, I would only point out this: the kind of limits to freedom you demand existed in Weimar Germany, and Adolf Hitler still came to power.
However, an argument could (and, moreover, must) be made that had free speech been allowed to flourish in Hitler’s Germany–which, of course, it most definitely was not–there might never have been a Holocaust.
Tune in to Sun News!
Reach thousands of readers:
- Rosie DiManno Doesn't Get It About Ford - Blind love doesn't guide his supporters, disgust with his opposition does
- 'Upset' PM Harper calls on caucus to reform Senate following scandals
- Fort Hood Jihadist: The US is still paying Muslim terrorist Nidal Hasan’s Salary
- Alice Walker Certifiably Certifiable - The Colour Lunatic
- Number 1 Best Selling Android App For Those Suffering White Liberal Guilt - PrivilegeChecker!
NEW from New English Review:
- CBC Sunday Morning revisits the Borscht Belt
- BREAKING: Toronto Muslims force rabbi to drop out of hosting Pamela Geller event (video)
- Boston: ‘Am I the only one captivated by the female cop in this iconic image?’
- Producer of ‘Fitna’ film converts to Islam
- I love Mark Shea, but this is crazy talk
- Health and safety: Has ‘the world’ really ‘gone mad’?
- Actually, turning Johnny Storm into a black guy makes sense
- Another day, another deluded Muslim
- ‘I thought Dissent and Commentary had merged…’
- To this day, some people are more put out by Dresden than by Dachau