I can understand why Bernie thinks the way he does. He’s the child of a Holocaust survivor and a squishy lefty, a double whammy that all but ensures he’ll be fore’er on the lookout for resurgent Nazis and want to stifle their words lest they give rise to a Shoah II.
To him and those like him who would ratchet back our freedom, I would only point out this: the kind of limits to freedom you demand existed in Weimar Germany, and Adolf Hitler still came to power.
However, an argument could (and, moreover, must) be made that had free speech been allowed to flourish in Hitler’s Germany–which, of course, it most definitely was not–there might never have been a Holocaust.
Tune in to Sun News!
Reach thousands of readers:
- CAIR wants all criminal Muslimas to be allowed to wear their disquises in the Pokey
- Top tweet of the week...
- Oh just a couple of excluded youths aged 30 and 41 I'm sure... Two held after RAF Typhoon jets escort Pakistan plane over UK
- Jihad Seekers Allowance: Muslim Asshat Anjem Choudary Better Paid Than Woolwich Victim Lee Rigby
- Islamophobia: Police Complaints Commission won't pursue criminal offences against officers who used weapons in Woolwich
NEW from New English Review:
- Has my blogger-husband uncovered the ‘Rob Ford crack video’ smoking gun?
- CBC Sunday Morning revisits the Borscht Belt
- Boston: ‘Am I the only one captivated by the female cop in this iconic image?’
- BREAKING: Toronto Muslims force rabbi to drop out of hosting Pamela Geller event (video)
- Producer of ‘Fitna’ film converts to Islam
- I love Mark Shea, but this is crazy talk
- If you’re so ‘allergic’ to stuff, why aren’t you dead yet?
- Another day, another deluded Muslim
- Actually, turning Johnny Storm into a black guy makes sense
- Health and safety: Has ‘the world’ really ‘gone mad’?