I can understand why Bernie thinks the way he does. He’s the child of a Holocaust survivor and a squishy lefty, a double whammy that all but ensures he’ll be fore’er on the lookout for resurgent Nazis and want to stifle their words lest they give rise to a Shoah II.
To him and those like him who would ratchet back our freedom, I would only point out this: the kind of limits to freedom you demand existed in Weimar Germany, and Adolf Hitler still came to power.
However, an argument could (and, moreover, must) be made that had free speech been allowed to flourish in Hitler’s Germany–which, of course, it most definitely was not–there might never have been a Holocaust.
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford tshirts back!
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
NEW from New English Review:
- Wait ’til my Toronto condo neighbours see the ‘Remington’ box in the recycling…
- Does Jeet Heer think non-whites can’t read, or…?
- Mark Steyn’s new National Review column
- From our bulging ‘Oh, but that’s different!’ file: Whole Foods — America’s Temple of Pseudoscience
- Arguing with a leftist about gun control on Facebook: Illustrated edition
- ‘I mean, I never understood it…’
- Does Dan Hill have a brain tumor now?
- More K-Y for that slippery slope!
- Mark Steyn on Day 2 of the Ezra Levant libel trial
- How silly is Doug Saunders? This silly: