I can understand why Bernie thinks the way he does. He’s the child of a Holocaust survivor and a squishy lefty, a double whammy that all but ensures he’ll be fore’er on the lookout for resurgent Nazis and want to stifle their words lest they give rise to a Shoah II.
To him and those like him who would ratchet back our freedom, I would only point out this: the kind of limits to freedom you demand existed in Weimar Germany, and Adolf Hitler still came to power.
However, an argument could (and, moreover, must) be made that had free speech been allowed to flourish in Hitler’s Germany–which, of course, it most definitely was not–there might never have been a Holocaust.
My NEW book!
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford t-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
- My NEW book: Confessions of a Failed Slut
- ‘Mark Steyn could have not chosen a better lawyer to represent him than (…) Daniel Kornstein.’
- Ed Driscoll: By all means, dump Firefox. But then what?
- Mark Steyn: The tyranny of name recogniton
- ‘The trouble with Judge Combs Greene’s statement is that it’s rubbish’
- Why Mark Steyn doesn’t have a legal defense drive at KickStarter
- Your moral and intellectual superiors!
- As I’ve been saying: ‘Your retirement plan is sh*t’
- Mark Steyn: The Slow Death of Free Speech
- NEW grassroots campaign: NeilYoungLies.ca
- Elder of Ziyon: Abbas’ Holocaust doubletalk
- Lesbian 'throuple' expecting first child
- The side effects of immigration - deadly maladies may spread all across Europe
- Interfaith panel denounces a 9/11 museum exhibit’s portrayal of Islam
- Aborted babies from BC incinerated to provide electricity for residents of Oregon…