I can understand why Bernie thinks the way he does. He’s the child of a Holocaust survivor and a squishy lefty, a double whammy that all but ensures he’ll be fore’er on the lookout for resurgent Nazis and want to stifle their words lest they give rise to a Shoah II.
To him and those like him who would ratchet back our freedom, I would only point out this: the kind of limits to freedom you demand existed in Weimar Germany, and Adolf Hitler still came to power.
However, an argument could (and, moreover, must) be made that had free speech been allowed to flourish in Hitler’s Germany–which, of course, it most definitely was not–there might never have been a Holocaust.
Tune in to Sun News!
Advertise on this blog!
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
NEW from Lawrence Eubank:
- Sikh MP wishes ‘Merry Christmas’, slams political correctness
- Star Reporter Daniel Dale sues Rob Ford for Libel - Says he ain't no pedophile!
- I try again: a photo for the guys
- Death row inmates threaten imprisoned Iranian-American pastor
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle, calls him 'worse than a dog' they ate last week
NEW from New English Review:
- Why yes, I am still being sued: An update
- Your moral and intellectual superiors! NYT embraces new ‘voodoo’ theory of JFK assassination, with Julie Andrews on the grassy knoll
- ‘[T]he notorious Hearings’ of the House Un-American Activities Committee [were] conducted by Republican Senator Joseph McCarthy…’
- ‘Booksellers’ row along Queen Street West is now finished’
- Dear American commenters at HotAir: Bragging about how stupid you are is not attractive
- Steve Sailer on ’12 Years a Slave’ — which sounds like two hours of b.s.
- Malcolm Gladwell’s ‘theory’ about Northern Ireland proves he’s a total twit
- ‘America’s future will be extremely confusing to journalists’
- I only wrote one thing about the Trayvon – Zimmerman case
- Rob Ford sounds like he’s doing a Hulk Hogan impression because… he’s doing a Hulk Hogan impression