The term “midlife crisis” was coined in 1965. Somehow, the English language got by without that phrase for the previous six hundred years, but today we probably couldn’t get along without it.
No one in the Middle Ages lived long enough to have a middle age, at least as we understand it.
In 1930, American male life expectancy was 59.
In 1960, it was 67.
That’s almost an additional decade of existence — thousands more hours of time to fret about how your time is running out. (…)
Liberal fans of Seconds praise it as a chilling condemnation of shallow materialistic American consumerism and conformity.
Yet few of them mention that when Hamilton gets a twice in a lifetime opportunity to junk all that and become a free spirited bohemian artist, he’s miserable then, too.
The perfect progressive lifestyle doesn’t satisfy Hamilton, either.
Tune in to Sun News!
My NEW book!
Toronto Election T-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
- And shouldn’t a ‘Ferguson’ camo pattern be, like, 7/11 & Kool-Aid logos and shit anyhow?
- ‘Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path…’
- Everything people are saying about Robin Williams is right — and wrong — at the same time
- Pro-’Palestinian’ attempt to spread lies, hate at London Ribfest (?!) goes horribly wrong (video)
- The NYT will close its doors for good within the next ten years: Part XVII
- Rush Limbaugh’s comments on Robin Williams are being unfairly misquoted. Must be Wednesday.
- ‘Michael Brown and the paramilitarized Ferguson Police Department are two sides of the same coin’
- Montreal police supposedly made a Jewish blogger take down this post, so here it is
- 10 Great Things About Young Nannies
- Science: We like music we listened to when we were young because we were young when we listened to it
- Islamists in Iraq rely on mines, booby traps in battlefield strategy
- US court scraps order to seize Kurdish crude from tanker near Texas
- Giant panda faked pregnancy for extra treats and air conditioning
- Dealing Honestly with ‘White Privilege’
- ‘Europe’s Last Stand’ – The five pillars of Islamic conquest: New film from the Christian Action Network