More than any other business, Hollywood is a place where talent, youth and beauty are exploited, with a premium paid for all three. It’s also an industry that’s learned to shield itself from criticism by celebrating its venal and amoral customs with skilful self-parody, so that proud mea culpas from selfish sociopaths have somehow shifted the focus from actual predators and criminals thriving in the background.
Parents’ groups have been demanding more family-friendly fare from Hollywood for years, but a glance at the credits of the three men at the centre of the recent scandals suggests that what goes on the screen is almost irrelevant, and that child abuse actually thrives where children have roles.
Resistant, as ever, to what would be by necessity a profound change, Hollywood may have actually gone past the point of redemption.
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford tshirts back!
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
NEW from New English Review:
- Gunbattles erupt as Libyan forces try to seize oil tanker from militias
- Woman cut off lover's penis and beat him to death with hammer after he forced her to have sex
- Colorado moves over $14M worth of marijuana in one month to net state $2M in taxes
- Passenger with fake passport was Iranian
- Vandals deface Stockholm schools with swastikas
- Wait ’til my Toronto condo neighbours see the ‘Remington’ box in the recycling…
- Does Jeet Heer think non-whites can’t read, or…?
- Mark Steyn’s new National Review column
- From our bulging ‘Oh, but that’s different!’ file: Whole Foods — America’s Temple of Pseudoscience
- Arguing with a leftist about gun control on Facebook: Illustrated edition
- ‘I mean, I never understood it…’
- Does Dan Hill have a brain tumor now?
- More K-Y for that slippery slope!
- Mark Steyn on Day 2 of the Ezra Levant libel trial
- How silly is Doug Saunders? This silly: