More than any other business, Hollywood is a place where talent, youth and beauty are exploited, with a premium paid for all three. It’s also an industry that’s learned to shield itself from criticism by celebrating its venal and amoral customs with skilful self-parody, so that proud mea culpas from selfish sociopaths have somehow shifted the focus from actual predators and criminals thriving in the background.
Parents’ groups have been demanding more family-friendly fare from Hollywood for years, but a glance at the credits of the three men at the centre of the recent scandals suggests that what goes on the screen is almost irrelevant, and that child abuse actually thrives where children have roles.
Resistant, as ever, to what would be by necessity a profound change, Hollywood may have actually gone past the point of redemption.
Tune in to Sun News!
My NEW book!
Toronto Election T-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
- Does Olivia Chow’s proposed handgun ban include the piece owned by Warren Kinsella’s girlfriend — who volunteers for Chow?
- Has Warren Kinsella resigned from Sun News yet? Day One
- What if G. Gordon Liddy had shown up at the Watergate, and the DNC office door was unlocked?
- Cops: unionized bureaucrats — with guns
- ‘I don’t understand the SlutWalk’
- Mark Steyn on one of the great recordings: Frank Sinatra’s ‘Fly Me To the Moon’
- Now I have to track down everything Julie Klausner’s ever done
- Tommy, last surviving Ramone, dies, aged 65 (or thereabouts)
- ‘Progressives’ live in the past
- My tax dollars at play
- Mosaic of Diversity Alert: Board member of Palestine House thanks Syria for supplyiing rockets launched at Israel
- Christian Pastor Attacked by Muslims Warns Israel
- Guardian: ‘In a hospital. At the beach. Hamas, Israel tells us, is hiding among civilians’
- Cherson & Molschky: IDF Field Hospital at Gaza Border Treating Palestinians
- Turkey's religious affairs head tells of fading Islamic values