More than any other business, Hollywood is a place where talent, youth and beauty are exploited, with a premium paid for all three. It’s also an industry that’s learned to shield itself from criticism by celebrating its venal and amoral customs with skilful self-parody, so that proud mea culpas from selfish sociopaths have somehow shifted the focus from actual predators and criminals thriving in the background.
Parents’ groups have been demanding more family-friendly fare from Hollywood for years, but a glance at the credits of the three men at the centre of the recent scandals suggests that what goes on the screen is almost irrelevant, and that child abuse actually thrives where children have roles.
Resistant, as ever, to what would be by necessity a profound change, Hollywood may have actually gone past the point of redemption.
Tune in to Sun News!
Reach thousands of readers:
- CAIR wants all criminal Muslimas to be allowed to wear their disquises in the Pokey
- Top tweet of the week...
- Oh just a couple of excluded youths aged 30 and 41 I'm sure... Two held after RAF Typhoon jets escort Pakistan plane over UK
- Jihad Seekers Allowance: Muslim Asshat Anjem Choudary Better Paid Than Woolwich Victim Lee Rigby
- Islamophobia: Police Complaints Commission won't pursue criminal offences against officers who used weapons in Woolwich
NEW from New English Review:
- Has my blogger-husband uncovered the ‘Rob Ford crack video’ smoking gun?
- CBC Sunday Morning revisits the Borscht Belt
- Boston: ‘Am I the only one captivated by the female cop in this iconic image?’
- BREAKING: Toronto Muslims force rabbi to drop out of hosting Pamela Geller event (video)
- Producer of ‘Fitna’ film converts to Islam
- I love Mark Shea, but this is crazy talk
- If you’re so ‘allergic’ to stuff, why aren’t you dead yet?
- Another day, another deluded Muslim
- Actually, turning Johnny Storm into a black guy makes sense
- Health and safety: Has ‘the world’ really ‘gone mad’?