Looking back over the history of the last 10 years, through which I have been writing these columns, I’m now persuaded of a major misjudgment. While I supported the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq — still do, and “would do it again” without qualms — I see ever more clearly that the “Bush doctrine” of exporting “democracy” was an unnecessary mistake. (…)
I nevertheless conferred the benefit of the doubt on an American-led project, predicated on post-War successes in Germany and Japan.
In retrospect, the circumstances were so utterly different, and the times so utterly changed, that the mission was unachievable, and could only come to grief.
My NEW book!
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford t-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
- My NEW book: Confessions of a Failed Slut
- ‘Mark Steyn could have not chosen a better lawyer to represent him than (…) Daniel Kornstein.’
- Christopher Hitchens, reconsidered
- NSFW: This is a post about porn that all conservatives should read
- Ed Driscoll: By all means, dump Firefox. But then what?
- Mark Steyn: The tyranny of name recogniton
- Mark Steyn: Defaming [and, apparently, journalism...] for Beginners
- ‘The trouble with Judge Combs Greene’s statement is that it’s rubbish’
- Why Mark Steyn doesn’t have a legal defense drive at KickStarter
- Teri O’Brien’s NEW book: The ABCs of Barack Obama
- Hillary Clinton praises ‘incredibly brave’ 19-year-old college student who came out as undocumented immigrant for the first time at her event
- Pakistan: No money on pay day: Christian families plan to stay in on Easter Sunday
- Chelsea Clinton at event with Islamic Center director
- Kittens Packed, Shipped to San Diego…by Accident
- Meteorite over Murmansk