Both Ira Stoll at Reason Magazine, and The Wall Street Journal’s James Taranto seem to think that this Rush Limbaugh affair is a distraction from the “serious business” of Obamacare and contraception:
The war for freedom of expression is much more important than Obamacare, because with no freedom of expression, how could anyone fight Obamacare? After all, you’re fighting Obama, which is racist, and “women”—extreme feminists—which is “misogynist.”
Reason and the WSJ will find themselves shut down unless they stand and fight, as we in earlier controversies have done with them.
Ironically, Limbaugh has, in reality, played it safe for years (…)
But now they are coming for Rush Limbaugh anyway. Too bad. There has to be a moral in this somewhere.
Tune in to Sun News!
Reach thousands of readers:
NEW from New English Review:
- CBC Sunday Morning revisits the Borscht Belt
- BREAKING: Toronto Muslims force rabbi to drop out of hosting Pamela Geller event (video)
- Boston: ‘Am I the only one captivated by the female cop in this iconic image?’
- Producer of ‘Fitna’ film converts to Islam
- I love Mark Shea, but this is crazy talk
- Health and safety: Has ‘the world’ really ‘gone mad’?
- Actually, turning Johnny Storm into a black guy makes sense
- Another day, another deluded Muslim
- ‘I thought Dissent and Commentary had merged…’
- To this day, some people are more put out by Dresden than by Dachau