August 10, 2012
Limbaugh’s worried about November — and more in the week in talk radio
UPDATE: I just learned the sad news of Larry Shannon’s passing.
His Talk Radio News newsletters have been invaluable to my work at WND, when I was trying to get handle on radio lingo, make sense of the ratings system and bone up on the history of talk.
He frequently linked to my WND column. I always thanked him via email, and he never failed to reply graciously and promptly.
Larry Shannon seemed like one of the good guys. We never met but I’m deeply saddened by his death.
Check out FREE audio clips from the week in conservative talk radio, including:
- Michael Savage’s close encounter with… Woody Allen
- Laura Ingraham’s chat with devoutly Catholic young Olympian
- Aaron Klein reveals Obama’s second term agenda
PLUS: Elsewhere around the “dial”:
- A liberal recommends a NEW book about the history of conservative talk radio
- “Is Mike Huckabee too nice for talk radio?”
- Mark Steyn and Dennis Miller make fun of Thomas Friedman
- Dennis Miller also rants about Harry Reid’s stupidity
- Sikh Temple killer hated Herman Cain
- Columbia Journalism Review looks at American political talk radio
- Aaron Klein wonders if Rush, Hannity and Savage will face “death by Obama” via a new Fairness Doctrine
Radio not as easy as it sounds, kiddo…