[Kathy Shaidle has] been blogging for twelve years, and her writing is sharper than ever. Like Steyn and Mencken, she is interesting by default, content be damned. Little minds would call this mastery amid the mundane, not knowing — not knowing how to know — that to the master nothing is mundane. The world is made fascinating by a focused fascination, and Shaidle distills her fascinations into a potent liquor. I commend you to savor her writing — if you can stop yourself from guzzling it instead.
Tune in to Sun News!
Advertise on this blog!
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
Rob Ford tshirts back!
NEW from Lawrence Eubank:
NEW from New English Review:
- Why yes, I am still being sued: An update
- Your moral and intellectual superiors! NYT embraces new ‘voodoo’ theory of JFK assassination, with Julie Andrews on the grassy knoll
- ‘[T]he notorious Hearings’ of the House Un-American Activities Committee [were] conducted by Republican Senator Joseph McCarthy…’
- ‘Booksellers’ row along Queen Street West is now finished’
- Dear American commenters at HotAir: Bragging about how stupid you are is not attractive
- Steve Sailer on ’12 Years a Slave’ — which sounds like two hours of b.s.
- Malcolm Gladwell’s ‘theory’ about Northern Ireland proves he’s a total twit
- ‘America’s future will be extremely confusing to journalists’
- I only wrote one thing about the Trayvon – Zimmerman case
- Rob Ford sounds like he’s doing a Hulk Hogan impression because… he’s doing a Hulk Hogan impression