[Kathy Shaidle has] been blogging for twelve years, and her writing is sharper than ever. Like Steyn and Mencken, she is interesting by default, content be damned. Little minds would call this mastery amid the mundane, not knowing — not knowing how to know — that to the master nothing is mundane. The world is made fascinating by a focused fascination, and Shaidle distills her fascinations into a potent liquor. I commend you to savor her writing — if you can stop yourself from guzzling it instead.
Tune in to Sun News!
My NEW book!
Toronto Election T-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
- Does Olivia Chow’s proposed handgun ban include the piece owned by Warren Kinsella’s girlfriend — who volunteers for Chow?
- Has Warren Kinsella resigned from Sun News yet? Day One
- What if G. Gordon Liddy had shown up at the Watergate, and the DNC office door was unlocked?
- Cops: unionized bureaucrats — with guns
- ‘I don’t understand the SlutWalk’
- Mark Steyn on one of the great recordings: Frank Sinatra’s ‘Fly Me To the Moon’
- Tommy, last surviving Ramone, dies, aged 65 (or thereabouts)
- Now I have to track down everything Julie Klausner’s ever done
- ‘Progressives’ live in the past
- ‘[T]he person objectively that knew more about Islam than anybody’ doesn’t know very much
- Gaza Massacre Scam Exposed – 78% of Casualties are Male
- Two Women Living in U.S. Charged with Terrorism
- Airline Branch Manager Says FAA Cancellation ‘Smacks of Politics’
- ISIS enforces female circumcision
- Australia’s scrapping of the despised, ineffective carbon tax sends a clear lesson to Canadian politicians.