[Kathy Shaidle has] been blogging for twelve years, and her writing is sharper than ever. Like Steyn and Mencken, she is interesting by default, content be damned. Little minds would call this mastery amid the mundane, not knowing — not knowing how to know — that to the master nothing is mundane. The world is made fascinating by a focused fascination, and Shaidle distills her fascinations into a potent liquor. I commend you to savor her writing — if you can stop yourself from guzzling it instead.
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford tshirts back!
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
NEW from New English Review:
- Wait ’til my Toronto condo neighbours see the ‘Remington’ box in the recycling…
- Does Jeet Heer think non-whites can’t read, or…?
- Mark Steyn’s new National Review column
- From our bulging ‘Oh, but that’s different!’ file: Whole Foods — America’s Temple of Pseudoscience
- Arguing with a leftist about gun control on Facebook: Illustrated edition
- ‘I mean, I never understood it…’
- Does Dan Hill have a brain tumor now?
- More K-Y for that slippery slope!
- Mark Steyn on Day 2 of the Ezra Levant libel trial
- How silly is Doug Saunders? This silly: