From their number arose a charismatic leader of brigands and cutthroats who proclaimed himself the infallible prophet of a religion of his own devising, centered on a book he himself had authored. When he was weak, he made treaties; when he was strong he broke them. When covetousness struck him – for his neighbors’ lands, herds, women, whatever – he would announce a new “revelation” from his god providing sanction for his crimes. Stealing, murdering, conquering, enslaving, and while he was at it, marrying a six-year-old, Mohammed propelled his tribe first to subdue their neighbors, and then, by the time of his death in AD 632, the western half of Arabia, from the Gulf of Aqaba to Yemen.
Tune in to Sun News!
My NEW book!
Toronto Election T-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
- Does Olivia Chow’s proposed handgun ban include the piece owned by Warren Kinsella’s girlfriend — who volunteers for Chow?
- Has Warren Kinsella resigned from Sun News yet? Day One
- What if G. Gordon Liddy had shown up at the Watergate, and the DNC office door was unlocked?
- Cops: unionized bureaucrats — with guns
- ‘I don’t understand the SlutWalk’
- Mark Steyn on one of the great recordings: Frank Sinatra’s ‘Fly Me To the Moon’
- Tommy, last surviving Ramone, dies, aged 65 (or thereabouts)
- Now I have to track down everything Julie Klausner’s ever done
- ‘Progressives’ live in the past
- My tax dollars at play
- Tunnel attack fears turn Gaza border kibbutzim into ghost towns
- Those warm fuzzy feelings at Ramadan: Saudi cousins lashed for ‘exchanging insults’ on Whatsapp
- B'nai Brith: Stop the Pro-Hamas Rally in Toronto!
- At least it’s not a china shop
- Kuwaiti Cleric Suwaidan: Do Not Agree to Ceasefire until They Bow Before Us, We Must Erase Israel