Really? Yes, it’s true that the bare foot is particularly prone to fungus and bacteria, and one wouldn’t want it promenading in large numbers around the meat department — in the same sense that it would be unhygienic to take a leak in the produce department. But the reason a civilized person neither urinates nor pads barefoot amid the fruit and veg is not that it’s a health-code violation but that it’s (in the Moulton sense) ill mannered. Shaw’s can no longer rely on its clients to know this (and to “obey self-imposed law”), and it apparently feels it cannot prohibit such behavior merely as an affront to societal norms, so it can disapprove of barefoot shopping only as an act of regulatory non-compliance.
Tune in to Sun News!
My NEW book!
Toronto Election T-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
- And shouldn’t a ‘Ferguson’ camo pattern be, like, 7/11 & Kool-Aid logos and shit anyhow?
- ‘Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path…’
- Everything people are saying about Robin Williams is right — and wrong — at the same time
- Pro-’Palestinian’ attempt to spread lies, hate at London Ribfest (?!) goes horribly wrong (video)
- The NYT will close its doors for good within the next ten years: Part XVII
- Like my t-shirt says: It’s Not ‘Racist’ If It’s True
- Rush Limbaugh’s comments on Robin Williams are being unfairly misquoted. Must be Wednesday.
- Quite possibly the worst thing the National Post has ever printed
- ‘Michael Brown and the paramilitarized Ferguson Police Department are two sides of the same coin’
- Montreal police supposedly made a Jewish blogger take down this post, so here it is
- Gypsy offers £3,500 for a 15-year-old wife for his son
- Pointing Out Muslims Have Been Beheading People for Centuries Isn’t Islamophobic
- Jimmy Carter addresses Muslim Americans: “I hope all of you will use the principals of Allah to bring peace and justice to all.”
- Review vindicates Edmonton teacher who refused to enforce no-zero policy for students who didn’t complete coursework
- Government of Canada highlights the importance of peaceful pluralism