Really? Yes, it’s true that the bare foot is particularly prone to fungus and bacteria, and one wouldn’t want it promenading in large numbers around the meat department — in the same sense that it would be unhygienic to take a leak in the produce department. But the reason a civilized person neither urinates nor pads barefoot amid the fruit and veg is not that it’s a health-code violation but that it’s (in the Moulton sense) ill mannered. Shaw’s can no longer rely on its clients to know this (and to “obey self-imposed law”), and it apparently feels it cannot prohibit such behavior merely as an affront to societal norms, so it can disapprove of barefoot shopping only as an act of regulatory non-compliance.
Tune in to Sun News!
Advertise on this blog!
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
Rob Ford tshirts back!
NEW from Lawrence Eubank:
- Why Israel Will Be More Secure in 2014 than in 2013
- Islamic Jihad on Christian Nuns: A History
- Syrian rebel group demands hostage swap for abducted nuns
- Survey on Islam in Austria: 18% of Muslims support death sentence for apostasy, 21.9% oppose democracy
- Rob Ford says blackmail allegation an 'outright lie'
NEW from New English Review:
- Your moral and intellectual superiors! NYT embraces new ‘voodoo’ theory of JFK assassination, with Julie Andrews on the grassy knoll
- ‘[T]he notorious Hearings’ of the House Un-American Activities Committee [were] conducted by Republican Senator Joseph McCarthy…’
- Rob Ford sounds like he’s doing a Hulk Hogan impression because… he’s doing a Hulk Hogan impression
- ‘Booksellers’ row along Queen Street West is now finished’
- Family of Gore Vidal allege he was a pedophile, cite secret file kept by William F. Buckley
- Dear American commenters at HotAir: Bragging about how stupid you are is not attractive
- Steve Sailer on ’12 Years a Slave’ — which sounds like two hours of b.s.
- On the Rob Ford file: ‘…which Toronto news anchorwoman worked as a call girl…?’
- Meet Dave Champion at email@example.com — My newest fan!
- ‘America’s future will be extremely confusing to journalists’