Really? Yes, it’s true that the bare foot is particularly prone to fungus and bacteria, and one wouldn’t want it promenading in large numbers around the meat department — in the same sense that it would be unhygienic to take a leak in the produce department. But the reason a civilized person neither urinates nor pads barefoot amid the fruit and veg is not that it’s a health-code violation but that it’s (in the Moulton sense) ill mannered. Shaw’s can no longer rely on its clients to know this (and to “obey self-imposed law”), and it apparently feels it cannot prohibit such behavior merely as an affront to societal norms, so it can disapprove of barefoot shopping only as an act of regulatory non-compliance.
My NEW book!
Tune in to Sun News!
Rob Ford t-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
Advertise on this blog!
Reach this blog's 100,000+ unique monthly visitors.
CLICK HERE for ad rates!
- My NEW book: Confessions of a Failed Slut
- ‘Mark Steyn could have not chosen a better lawyer to represent him than (…) Daniel Kornstein.’
- Ed Driscoll: By all means, dump Firefox. But then what?
- Mark Steyn: The tyranny of name recogniton
- ‘The trouble with Judge Combs Greene’s statement is that it’s rubbish’
- Why Mark Steyn doesn’t have a legal defense drive at KickStarter
- Your moral and intellectual superiors!
- Must read: Mark L. Walberg on what really goes down on trashy reality shows
- As I’ve been saying: ‘Your retirement plan is sh*t’
- Mark Steyn: The Slow Death of Free Speech
- More Asia trouble: Pirates raid Japanese oil tanker off Malaysia, kidnap three crew
- Things heat up in Asia: China seizes Japanese cargo ship as payment for an unpaid compensation debt from 1936
- Tony Blair urges British intervention against Islamic extremists around the world
- What is the Beer Store?
- Square off firearm sales: Gun merchants are being shunned by payment processing company Square.