Really? Yes, it’s true that the bare foot is particularly prone to fungus and bacteria, and one wouldn’t want it promenading in large numbers around the meat department — in the same sense that it would be unhygienic to take a leak in the produce department. But the reason a civilized person neither urinates nor pads barefoot amid the fruit and veg is not that it’s a health-code violation but that it’s (in the Moulton sense) ill mannered. Shaw’s can no longer rely on its clients to know this (and to “obey self-imposed law”), and it apparently feels it cannot prohibit such behavior merely as an affront to societal norms, so it can disapprove of barefoot shopping only as an act of regulatory non-compliance.
Tune in to Sun News!
My NEW book!
Toronto Election T-shirts!
NEW from New English Review:
- Does Olivia Chow’s proposed handgun ban include the piece owned by Warren Kinsella’s girlfriend — who volunteers for Chow?
- Has Warren Kinsella resigned from Sun News yet? Day One
- What if G. Gordon Liddy had shown up at the Watergate, and the DNC office door was unlocked?
- Cops: unionized bureaucrats — with guns
- ‘I don’t understand the SlutWalk’
- Mark Steyn on one of the great recordings: Frank Sinatra’s ‘Fly Me To the Moon’
- Tommy, last surviving Ramone, dies, aged 65 (or thereabouts)
- Now I have to track down everything Julie Klausner’s ever done
- ‘Progressives’ live in the past
- ‘[T]he person objectively that knew more about Islam than anybody’ doesn’t know very much
- Marry your like: Not just a similar education level, but also more closely related genetically, it turns out
- Air Algérie plane wreckage, remains found in Mali after crashing in rainstorm
- Israel In A Hostile World - A Talk By "Israpundit" Ted Belman, Thursday August 7th
- Iraq jihadists blow up ‘Jonah's tomb’ in Mosul
- French cops find arsenal on London-bound bus