My many US readers will appreciate learning more about the saga of Canadian Bruce Montague.
He anticipates legal bills in excess of $300,000 because he is challenging Canadian gun laws.
“Why should you join Bruce Montague’s fight to strike down the Firearms Act? Because his fight is your fight:
1. An estimated 90% of firearms owners in Canada are in violation of the Firearms Act regulations due to ignorance, negligence, or civil disobedience.
2. If the police did a raid on your house today, you would likely be charged with one or more criminal offenses under the Firearms Act.
3. An anonymous “firearms threat” tip from a personal opponent can lead to an unannounced police raid on your home.
4. The goal of the Firearms Act is to gradually eliminate private ownership of guns. We either fight the gun law now, or one-by-one firearm owners will be hunted down by its complexity and harsh penalties.
5. Because of the multitude of firearms charges, Bruce’s defense team will be able to challenge the constitutionality of all the major areas of the firearms act, potentially gutting it.
6. Bruce is backed by legal experts who are prepared to make the first serious charter challenge of the Firearms Act to the Supreme Court of Canada.