It’s a “call for papers”! Knock yourselves out, guys…
* Defining Islamophobia and the history of Islamophobia/Orientalism
* How to recognize hate crimes/definition of hate crimes (look at gendered experiences)
* Research on hate crime incidents across the GTA (since 2001 in different communities)
* Personal experiences in encountering hate crimes
* Islamophobia and the Media (perpetuation of stereotypes)
You know, one thing that perpetuates stereotypes is the fact that there have been 10,000 radical Muslim terrorist attacks since 9/11.
But there’s no way that’ll be mentioned at this conference in May.
And somehow I don’t think this commenter at DustMyBroom will be invited either:
Boo Hoo….. the whole world hates your cult of death……Who’s fault is that? If there was not a single terrorist attack, suicide bombing or rocket attack against Israel for, say 5 years, you can come back and ask forgiveness then….until then, STFU and crawl back under the rock you crawled out from under.
People hate muslims because of the terror and savagery they have been inflicted on innocent people in the name of Islam…. no more, no less. Clean up your own act before you complain to others about racism and bigotry. Oh, and you can include ‘tolerance’ too. When I can openly walk down a street in Saudi Arabia carrying a bible in my hand on my way to a corner church and be greeted with smiles instead of rifles and hand-cuffs, let me know