Thoughts on the Cracked.com thing:
* Although the Magic Negro isn’t necessarily a simpleton; sometimes he’s Sidney Poitier, the Impeccable, Accomplished Negro Who Blesses Everyone Who Touches the Hem of His Garment. I guess he’s the Mighty Non-Whitey in the Cracked pantheon… Really great Mighty Non-Whitey types left out here because the average Cracked writer is half my age can be seen in Blazing Saddles and Silver Streak.
* Here I thought the Gay Psycho went away after the complaints around Cruising/SotL then reappeared in 300 but obviously the Cracked guys watch new movies than I do. I guess. This particular entry is pretty weak. They left out every Ancient Roman Epic including Gladiator. There are gay people in anime?
* But see, there ARE a crapload of Latina Maids in real life America, so…?
* Mickey Rooney’s awful Asian in Breakfast at Tiffany’s is “wise”? “Asshole”, yeah, but…
* The “black sidekick” in Die Hard: the chauffeur is incompetent but the cop isn’t. So it’s a wash. Someone watched Superman III?
(Via Libertas, which has some good comments.)