Judging by the comments, American Beauty (which I haven’t seen) is the big loser.
My Five will be familiar to regular readers of my blog:
1. Anything by the Coen Brothers after Raising Arizona. Too much hipster hick-mockery. Fargo? Don’t get it. Never will.
2. Anything with Quentin Tarrantino’s name on it except True Romance. Pulp Fiction will one day be remembered as the Worst Film of the 1990s.
4. Night of the Hunter. Ultra-stylish anti-American, anti-Christian fairy tale. More hick-mockery.
5. Every “great” Oscar-nominated movie made in the last 15 years (Gosford Park, Moulin Rouge, Mystic River, Gangs of New York, Age of Innocence, The Thin Red Line, blah blah blah)
6. Because it has to be said: the entire Star Wars franchise
And I still don’t understand why Chinatown is called Chinatown.