Richard “The Boy Named Sue” Warman has finally filed his statement of claim.
Canada’s busiest litigant, serial “human rights” complainant and — the guy Mark Steyn has called “Canada’s most sensitive man” — Richard Warman is now suing his most vocal critics — including me.
The suit names:
• Ezra Levant (famous for his stirring YouTube video of his confrontation with the Canadian Human Rights tribunal after he published the “Mohammed Cartoons”)
• FreeDominion.ca (Canada’s answer to FreeRepublic.com)
• Kate McMillan of SmallDeadAnimals.com
• Jonathan Kay of the National Post daily newspaper and its in-house blog
• and me, Kathy Shaidle of FiveFeetOfFury.com
Richard Warman used to work for the notorious Human Rights Commission, which runs the “kangaroo courts” who’ve charged Mark Steyn with “flagrant Islamophobia.”
Richard Warman has brought almost half these cases single-handledly, getting websites he doesn’t like shut down, and making tens of thousands of tax free dollars in “compensation” out of web site owners who can’t afford to fight back or don’t even realize they can.
The province of British Columbia had to pass a special law to stop Richard Warman from suing libraries because they carried books he didn’t approve of.
Richard Warman also wants to ban international websites he doesn’t like from being seen by Canadians.
The folks named in his new law suit are the very bloggers who have been most outspoken in their criticism of Warman’s methods.
* Please read our posts about the lawsuit to learn more about it. Ezra Levant’s brand new post on the lawsuit has all the details
* Consider posting about our plight on your own websites
* Donate to our respective Defence Funds
We can only fight this man’s attempt to silence conservative opinion if we have international support: both moral and financial.
This lawsuit will cost me at least $30,000 to fight.
And fight it I will.
Richard Warman’s friends at the Canadian Human Rights Commission say “freedom of speech is an American concept” they refuse to recognize.
Well, some Canadians DO believe in freedom of speech.
I take my inspiration from the courageous Founding Fathers. I too “pledge my life, my fortune, and my sacred honor” to the cause of free speech.
To that end, I vow to battle Richard Warman and his leftist supporters whatever it costs.
Thank you in advance for anything you can do to support our cause. We hope you’ll join our battle!
Again, here’s how you can help me personally:
* Spread the word about this lawsuit. Don’t forget to check Ezra Levant’s site today and every day to get all the details. Levant is a defamation lawyer; he is your go to guy for the legal ins and outs.
* Please consider donating to my legal defense. You can do this through my PayPal button:
Thank you in advance for your support. We will win this thing, and by doing so, help make Canada safe for political speech!
* Michelle Malkin is the first big name US blogger to take up our cause!
* NoseOnYourFace has reopened the Ezra Levant T-shirt store, with profits going to our collective defense fund. (Bonus: funny photoshop of Warman!)
* Thanks to all who have already donated. Your support means so much.
* Oh man!! (Note to Warman: this is called “satire”):
“I’m offended! Just offended, and not only for my own bank balance, but for all of the Mizzterhood!”, said Canada’s Space Lizard King Richard Warman, from his toilet cubicle at Toronto Railway Station. This is where I found Warman gathering “Some very hard evidence indeed. So hard it hurts!”, against a man who Warman alleges is Hawaii’s leading and indeed o
nly neo-Nazi, one George Tahulah Kahuni Hoipoloi. (…)
Warman has filed over 18,000 complaints through the CHRC, (Canadian Hubris Ratbag Crapola) since last Thursday, several of them “almost about something” says Warman. “It’s the principle of the something. And with a good principle and compound interest. If I don’t stand up for a huge share of the easy money of bogus tax payer funded damages payouts, who will? For years, I’ve carried half this heavy load of lovely money, but I can’t keep it up forever, not without Amyl nitrate. I’ve got expenses!”
* Theo is NOT amused.
* Ed Morrissey has a fine post at HotAir. Don’t miss the comments, either.
If you can, hit their tip jars to provide some financial support — because brother, they’re going to need it for the attorneys they will have to hire.
It doesn’t matter if Warman’s case has little merit or hope of succeeding. The costs involved in fighting these kinds of lawsuits will drive people into silence, intimidated by financial ruin. If bloggers won’t stand up against these kinds of tactics, then who will?
* Andrea Harris: “…some creature called Richard Warman…”
* Neo, he say:
“…this guy is simple enough to wanna square off with kathy shaidle in a court of law?
“geezus… that’s like shakin’ up a bag of feral cats… and then sticking your face in to see how they’re doin’.
“i ALMOST feel sorry for this dumbstick.”
* The Anchoress emails: “This is bullshit”. Promises more blogging on the subject later.