And, I would add, Princess Diana has almost always been dead.
- The first computer they probably touched was an Apple II; it is now in a museum.
- Czechoslovakia has never existed.
- John McEnroe has never played professional tennis.
- Clint Eastwood is better known as a sensitive director than as Dirty Harry.
- Woody Allen, whose heart has wanted what it wanted, has always been with Soon-Yi Previn.
- Nirvana is on the classic oldies station.
- The dominance of television news by the three networks passed while they were still in their cribs.
- There have always been women priests in the Anglican Church.
- Beethoven has always been a dog.