Andrew Breitbart’s sudden passing shocked conservative talk radio hosts, many of who knew the media mogul personally and were starting their morning shows as news of his death came across the wires.
Get audio highlights from Rush, Beck, Hannity, Laura Ingraham and others, about this story and more, at the NEW Talk Radio Watch column!
BONUS radio stuff:
* Dennis Miller: “I don’t dig the way the country is going” and “I don’t know if ‘getting along’ is the point”
* Why Rush Limbaugh makes $45 -million/year: If we’re gonna have to pay for your birth control, you should be forced to set up cameras in your bedroom so we can at least watch, and get our money back”
* Black activists still pouting, “demanding action” over local radio hosts who mused that the people around Whitney Houston in her final days probably called her a “crack ho” — rather than concentrating their energies in lowering the black drop out or incarceration rate
* Bomb squad called to Limbaugh’s house Thursday night (TV news report)
* Industry veteran Randall Bloomquist:
When I asked if he had any desire to host his own radio show, Breitbart shook his head, smiled and said that he had no interest in “being the 101st guy talking about the deficit ceiling.” If he was going to do radio, Breitbart added, “I would rather deejay a 1980s retro British rock show.”
In this 2011 interview Breitbart expressed his desire to see a more sophisticated conservative media, including right-leaning radio with the resources and depth of NPR. He’s not the first person to dream that dream.
* “It’s Sunday night and look at us. You and I are working…”